Click on the link below for the full text:
Processed CSMIP Strong-Motion Data from the Northridge California Earthquake of 17 January 1994: Release No. 4 (Adobe PDF (SIZE 1.4 MB)) - Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF viewer.
The digitized and processed records obtained from 10 CSMIP stations during the Northridge earthquake of January 17, 1994 are included in this fourth release. The stations range in distance from 18 to 70 km (epicentral). The stations are:
• Los Angeles - UCLA Grounds Sta. # 24688, 18 km
• Vasquez Rocks Park Sta. # 24047, 37 km
• Alhambra - Fremont School Sta. # 24461, 39 km
• Lake Hughes #9 Sta. # 24272, 44 km
• Mt. Wilson - Caltech Seismic Station Sta. # 24399, 45 km
• Camarillo Sta. # 25282, 50 km
• Rolling Hills Estate - Rancho Vista School Sta. # 14405, 50 km
• Point Mugu - Naval Air Station Sta. # 25147, 54 km
• Lancaster - Fox Airfield Grounds Sta. # 24475, 66 km
• Ventura - Harbor & California Sta. # 25340, 70 km
Strong-motion records were recovered from 193 CSMIP stations following the Northridge earthquake. The accelerograms, information on the earthquake and recording stations are presented in the CSMIP data report on this earthquake (Shakal and others, 1994). The results of digitizing and processing for the first release of 5 records were announced on February 4, 1994 and were included in the first release report (Darragh and others, 1994a). The results of digitizing and processing for the second release of 5 records were announced on February 24, 1994 and were included in the second release report (Darragh and others, 1994b) . The results of digitizing and processing for the second release of 7 records were announced on March 15, 1994 and were included in the third release report (Darragh and others, 1994c). Details on accelerogram digitizing and processing will be presented in a forthcoming final CSMIP processed data report.