Notification of Well and/or Facility Disposition/Transfer |
This form is used to notify the California Geologic Energy Management Division (CalGEM) that a change has occurred. Operators who sell, transfer, or otherwise exchange the right to operate a well, and the land (owned or leased) where the well is located, must notify CalGEM no later than the date the sale, transfer, conveyance, exchange, or other disposition, becomes final.
Notification is also required from persons acquiring ownership or operation of any well – whether by purchase, transfer, or another method - no later than the date the sale, transfer, conveyance, exchange, or other disposition, becomes final.
Oil and Gas Bond (Updated June 03, 2020)
This form replaces all previous bond forms including the blanket or individual bond, onshore/offshore bond, indemnity or cash, etc.
§ 3204. (a) An operator who, on or after January 1, 2018, engages in the drilling, redrilling, deepening, or in any operation permanently altering the casing, of a well, or who acquires a well, shall file with the supervisor an individual indemnity bond for each well so drilled, redrilled, deepened, or permanently altered, or acquired in the following amount:
- $25,000 - less than 10,000 total feet depth
- $40,000 - 10,000 or more total feet depth
§ 3205. (a) An operator who engages in the drilling, redrilling, deepening, or in any operation permanently altering the casing, of 20 or more wells at any time, may file with the supervisor one blanket indemnity bond to cover all the operations in any of its wells in the state in lieu of an individual indemnity bond for each operation as required by Section 3204. The bond shall be executed by the operator, as principal, and by an authorized surety company, as surety, and shall be in substantially the same language and upon the same conditions as provided in Section 3204, except as to the difference in the amount. The bond shall be provided in one of the following amounts, as applicable:
- $200,000 - 50 or fewer onshore wells
- $400,000 - 51 to 500 onshore wells
- $2,000,000 - 501 to 10,000 onshore wells
- $3,000,000 - 10,001 or more onshore wells
- $1,000,000 - 1 or more offshore wells
- An indemnity bond for each well as required under Section 3204 or 3205
Deposit in Lieu of Bond:
- In lieu of a surety bond, a certificate of deposit, share account, note, savings account, share certificate, or investment certificate may be given.