Submit a Community Concern


Report an Oil and Gas Operations Concern, Suspected Problem, or Complaint

Always call 911 in the event of an emergency or urgent matter at an oil and gas well site.

If you're a member of the ​public with a non-emergency concern, problem, or complaint regarding a local operator, an oil and gas well site, or possible oil and gas well happenings in your area, you can submit a written concern and it will be directed to the appropriate local district office.

Concerns can be submitted to:

CalGEM has five district offices embedded throughout the state, with field staff specialized in local area oil and gas matters who support the regulation of local oil and gas operations. 

For contact information for a CalGEM District Office visit:

CalGEM prioritizes protecting public health, safety, and the environment in its oversight of the oil, natural gas, and geothermal industries.

Spills, leaks, odors, air contaminants, and other safety concerns are all events that can be associated with oil and natural gas activities. If you suspect a potential hazard, make a report and the district will follow up with you. ​

Learn more about CalGEM's Public Outreach and Community Engagement​.​