Welcome to the Division of Land Resource Protection
California has some of the most productive farmland and diverse open spaces in the world. The Division of Land Resource Protection (DLRP) works with landowners, local governments, and researchers to conserve these important natural resources.
Upcoming Deadlines for Funding Opportunities:
Sustainable Agricultural Lands Conservation Program
California Farmland Conservancy Program
$1.3 million in funding is now available for easement acquisitions under CFCP. Applications are due September 1, 2018.
- Global Climate Action Symposium: Managing Lands in a Changing Climate to Improve Agricultural Resiliency, Food Security, and Health (9/10/18)
This Global Climate Action Symposium, co-sponsored by the California Department of Conservation and UC Davis, will:
- Share models of success that emphasize integrated approaches to inspire innovation and action.
- Identify innovative strategies and actions that have the greatest promise to promote agricultural resiliency, food security, and health in a changing climate.
- Connect with fellow symposium participants in support of deepening and expanding networks, inspiring creative thinking and pioneering partnerships.
- Inspire commitments to creating change through managing land and resource use in innovative ways, with a long-term view to sustaining ecosystem and agricultural services as well as population and planetary health outcomes.