Notification of Well and/or Facility Disposition/Transfer |
This form is used to notify the Division that a change has occurred. Operators who sell, transfer, or otherwise exchange the right to operate a well, and the land (owned or leased) where the well is located, must notify DOGGR no later than the date the sale, transfer, conveyance, exchange, or other disposition, becomes final.
Notification is also required from persons acquiring ownership or operation of any well – whether by purchase, transfer, or another method - no later than the date the sale, transfer, conveyance, exchange, or other disposition, becomes final.
Oil and Gas Bond (Updated 01/01/2018 )
This form replaces all previous bond forms including the blanket or individual bond, onshore/offshore bond, indemnity or cash, etc.
§ 3204. (a) An operator who, on or after January 1, 2018, engages in the drilling, redrilling, deepening, or in any operation permanently altering the casing, of a well, or who acquires a well, shall file with the supervisor an individual indemnity bond for each well so drilled, redrilled, deepened, or permanently altered, or acquired in the following amount:
- $25,000 - less than 10,000 total feet depth
- $40,000 - 10,000 or more total feet depth
§ 3205. (a) An operator who engages in the drilling, redrilling, deepening, or in any operation permanently altering the casing, of 20 or more wells at any time, may file with the supervisor one blanket indemnity bond to cover all the operations in any of its wells in the state in lieu of an individual indemnity bond for each operation as required by Section 3204. The bond shall be executed by the operator, as principal, and by an authorized surety company, as surety, and shall be in substantially the same language and upon the same conditions as provided in Section 3204, except as to the difference in the amount. The bond shall be provided in one of the following amounts, as applicable:
- $200,000 - 50 or fewer onshore wells
- $400,000 - 51 to 500 onshore wells
- $2,000,000 - 501 to 10,000 onshore wells
- $3,000,000 - 10,001 or more onshore wells
- $1,000,000 - 1 or more offshore wells
Must file one of the following types of security, in the appropriate amount, with the bond:
- An indemnity bond for each well as required under Section 3204 or 3205
- Certified cashier's check - made payable to the Department of Conservation
- Certificate of deposit - made payable solely to the Department of Conservation, Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources,
or assigned or pledged to or for the benefit of (FBO) the Department of Conservation, Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources (DOGGR). An assigned, pledged, or FBO account requires a completed assignment form, which is available from
any DOGGR office.
- An assignment to a savings account - the original passbook or a copy of the savings account statement
and a completed assignment form are required.