Click on the link below for the full text:
The digitized and processed records obtained from 5 CSMIP stations during the Northridge earthquake of January 17, 1994 are included in this first release. Four of these stations are in the epicentral area and one is in Santa Monica. They range in distance from 9 to 24 km from the estimated epicenter at 34.219°N, 118.538°W. The stations are:
• Sylmar - County Hospital Parking Lot Sta. # 24514, 15 km
• Pacoima Dam - Downstream Sta. # 24207, 18 km
• Newhall - LA County Fire Station Sta. # 24279, 19 km
• Arleta - Nordhoff Ave Fire Station Sta. # 24087, 9 km
• Santa Monica - City Hall Grounds Sta. # 24538, 24 km
Information on the earthquake and recording stations are given in the 5 Quick Reports (OSMS 94-01, -02, -03, -04 and -05) and more details will be provided in the full report on all CSMIP records to be completed in mid-February. This processed data report is a more detailed version of OSMS 94-068 that was released on February 4, 1994. Details on accelerogram digitizing and processing will be presented in a forthcoming final CSMIP processed data report.