Join OMR geologists and botanists for a full day workshop on in-stream mining and monitoring. Presentations and discussions will focus on the following topics:
• SMARA Requirements for In-Stream Mining
• In-Stream Mining Overview
• Fluvial Geomorphology
• Impacts to Infrastructure
• Pit Capture
• Habitat Protection
• Department of Fish and Game Requirements
• Monitoring and Adaptive Management Plans
• Cumulative Impact Analysis and CEQA
• Regional Mineral Resource Management Plans
• Case Studies Attendance is limited.
Please register online or call (916) 323-9198 for more information.
Click here to see the current workshop locations and dates. Agendas and more information will be posted as soon as they become available.
National Association of Abandoned Mine Programs | California Geological Survey | State Mining & Geology Board
Department of Toxic Substances Control | California State Lands Commission
Bureau of Land Management | Mine Safety & Health Administration
Office of Surface Mining | | U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
U.S. Forest Service | U.S. Geological Survey