Why Choose Conservation?
We offer a setting that emphasizes science-based decision-making in the interest of all Californians, including services that touch people’s lives and affect the habitat of animal, wildlife, and aquatic life species living in and around California. The purpose is to balance today's needs with tomorrow's obligations by fostering the wise use and conservation of resources used every day.
The Department values diversity and inclusion, facilitates employee recognition, and actively promotes career development. We seek qualified individuals to help with a wide variety of duties related to environmental health, public safety, and sound management of California’s natural resources.
The Department works in a wide range of conservation needs including:
- Regulation development and drilling of oil, natural gas, and minerals resources.
- Regulation of the Williamson Act to preserve agricultural resources including farmland.
- Protection of public safety by identifying potential geologic hazards, such as earthquake faults and landslide-prone areas.
In addition the Department of Conservation offers:
- A variety of rewarding work and opportunities for career growth
- Inclusive atmosphere and emphasis on communication at all levels
- Personal job satisfaction working in public service
- Comprehensive health dental, and vision benefits
- Continuous professional learning and development opportunities
- Pension and saving plans