$19 MILLION AVAILABLE FOR
FARMLAND CONSERVATION EASEMENTS
The Department is currently accepting applications for $19 million in grant funding to protect farmland. The program will cover the cost of the stewardship endowment and match funding is not required. Click here to view the Request for Grant Applications. Interested landowners should contact the
California Council of Land Trusts at (916) 497-0272 to connect with a land trust to begin the application process. Department staff is available for questions and assistance.
WHY SHOULD I PUT MY FARMLAND UNDER A CONSERVATION EASEMENT?
- To protect your farm from development.
- To receive significant tax breaks.
- To leave a legacy for your family for generations.
- To pay off debt, build retirement income, or take advantage of an investment opportunity.
- To contribute to the nation’s long-term food security.
Round I Applications: February 15, 2017
Round II Applications: May 22, 2017 (subject to funding availability)